[Differential] [Commented On] D4215: Make notifications execute the "default" action on click.

Albert Vaca Cintora noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 21 02:25:15 UTC 2017

albertvaka added a comment.

  I think Plasma is the only notification system that does close-on-activate instead of executing some action. Until now it wasn't even possible to add a default action, but now that it is possible I think we all agree this is something good that apps should adopt.

  The main problem here seems what to do for apps that don't define a default action. Would everyone be happy if we just do nothing in that case? I would be cool with that if this way we reach a consensus.

  This is still a change, though: close-on-activate won't work anymore and you will have to use the X button to dismiss notifications (equivalent to the swipe gesture on Android), but I think it is coherent.

  However, those who think that we shouldn't change anything our users are used to might not be happy with that behaviour either. Maybe the UX group can have the final word on this?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES