[Differential] [Request, 74 lines] D4001: [Image Wallpaper] Simplify width/height management

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 7 13:50:27 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
broulik set the repository for this revision to R120 Plasma Workspace.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Directly expose "targetSize" as property. The wallpaper is already initialized with the correct size for some time now but the fact that we had two properties width and height in there had it still do unneccessary work when it emitted "sizeChanged(2560, 0)" and then the final "sizeChanged(2560, 1440)" afterwards.

  Also, I didn't really see a point in storing the wallpaper size in its config, it's overwritten by the wallpaper anyway and only used in the wallpaper config dialog for the aspect ratio. I changed it to use the current Screen there - I think that's good enough.

  BUG: 374689
  FIXED-IN: 5.9.0

TEST PLAN
  Verified that setSingleImage is now only called once on startup. Image still crisp. Aspect ratio of images in config dialog is still correct - didn't test with multiscreen though, I suppose the aspect ratio will now be the of the one where the dialog currently is, not of the actual containment you're configuring. We could probably fix that by asking the containment but storing the size in config is wrong either way imho.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  wallpapers/image/image.cpp
  wallpapers/image/image.h
  wallpapers/image/imagepackage/contents/config/main.xml
  wallpapers/image/imagepackage/contents/ui/config.qml
  wallpapers/image/imagepackage/contents/ui/main.qml

EMAIL PREFERENCES