[Differential] [Commented On] D3981: better clean up of duplicate containments

mart (Marco Martin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 5 14:49:45 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in shellcorona.cpp:1909
> > catches also containments of other activities
>
> No it doesn't - you're looping through m_desktopContainments.value(activity)     so only things of the same activity.
> Either your comment is nonsense, or your code is, or both.

yes it does.
what i mean is:
insertContainment() called with an activity that is not the current one (which will happen at startup, because insertcontainment is called for every containment, also for those in activities other than the current one), it still catches it
i can change the comment a bit, but it really does what i was meaning

> davidedmundson wrote in shellcorona.cpp:1922
> So to make it clear what this code is actually doing:
>
> we're  disconnecting from a method that automatically does cleanup
> ..and now you're adding back in *the exact same cleanup* manually
>
> What is the point of that?

i could just remove that disconnect, the thing is, i'm always hesitant to change things in ways that may have had a reason.
that disconenct was added somewhere back in 2014, i can test removing it if it still has a reason

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES