Working on improvements to QuickShare

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:24:46 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm looking for some work to do :) and figured I could start with finding
an itch to scratch. I'm thinking about the QuickShare plasmoid, which I'm
currently feeling isn't as good to use as the old Plasma4 Pastebin
plasmoid. I'm thinking of working to make the following changes:

1. Ability to specify a default action in config: so that for eg I could
drag an image into the plasmoid and it'll imgur it immediately if I
configure it to do so (instead of having to click again)
2. For actions like imgur/pastebin, immediately copy the result url into
clipboard on success (so manual copying is not necessary). This seems to
make sense since I think everyone copies the url anyway.

Just thought I'd throw this out here first in case there is a reason any of
these shouldn't go in. Otherwise I'll be back when I have a review-worthy
patch!

----
Lim Yuen Hoe, Jason (moofang)
http://yuenhoe.com/