[Differential] [Request, 129 lines] D4614: [Baloo Widgets] Add KPropertiesDialog Plugin with file metadata

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 14 19:59:26 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, VDG, dfaure, aacid.
broulik set the repository for this revision to R824 Baloo Widgets.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This allows to view metadata (such as image dimensions, audio file album and artist information, etc) from the properties dialog. Through this, tagging and rating functionality is also somewhat more accessible.

TEST PLAN
  I don't like tooltips and neither do I like the Dolphin sidebar. Also, I observed the properties dialog being the go-to place for Windows users to find this information (Windows has it here).

  - Dunno whether the Messages.sh/domain stuff is correct
  - Doesn't have the configure widget where you can configur what to show (in Dolphin will just follow its settings) - didn't want to copy the confige dialog from there
  - KMimeTypeTrader doesn't support wildcards, the ones added are aggregated from all kfilemetadata extractors

  F2477274: Screenshot_20170214_205641.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F2477274>

  F2477276: Screenshot_20170214_204459.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F2477276>

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets

AFFECTED FILES
  Messages.sh
  src/CMakeLists.txt
  src/filepropertiesplugin/CMakeLists.txt
  src/filepropertiesplugin/baloofilepropertiesplugin.cpp
  src/filepropertiesplugin/baloofilepropertiesplugin.desktop
  src/filepropertiesplugin/baloofilepropertiesplugin.h

EMAIL PREFERENCES