[Differential] [Commented On] D4578: Split modifier only handling into a dedicated InputEventSpy

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 14 16:02:26 UTC 2017

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> subdiff wrote in keyboard_input.cpp:686
> Somewhat unrelated to this diff, but can't we get rid of all these `m_inited` conditions by setting up LibInput via `InputRedirection::setupLibInput()` and connecting the functions in KeyboardInputRedirection only after `m_keyboard->init()` and so on in `InputRedirection::setupWorkspace()` were called?

yes, long term I want to get rid of all the inited conditions. One of the main reasons for introducing were crashes during startup. E.g. you start a nested KWin, move the mouse and it tries to access Workspace prior to Workspace being created.

Now with the processing methods not doing anything except delegating to the filters it will be possible. We just need to fix the init of the filters and the methods which currently still do things except processing the filters.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  modifier-only-shortcuts