Plasma Vault is in kdereview

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Feb 13 08:11:17 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm announcing that Plasma Vault is in the review phase - you can get
it from kde:plasma-vault or with kdesrc-build plasma-vault.

Plasma Vault is a system for easy creation of encrypted data storage
(not for whole system encryption - we have distribution installers for
that).

It is consisted of:
- kded daemon that handles most of the logic
- Plasma applet to provide the UI

Features:
 - Supports encfs and cryfs (more to come later)
 - Vaults can be limited to certain activities (automatically closing
when you leave the activity it belongs to)

More info at [1] and [2]

Cheers,
Ivan

[1] http://cukic.co/2017/02/03/vaults-encryption-in-plasma/
[2] http://cukic.co/2017/02/10/plasma-vault-is-evolving/

--
KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://cukic.co/
gpg key fingerprint: 292F 9B5C 5A1B 2A2F 9CF3  45DF C9C5 77AF 0A37 240A