D9549: Horizontally center shadows and make them bigger

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 31 11:37:42 UTC 2017

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  Please no commit. The patch is _incomplete_.
  As already stated, there is a need for a matching change in the widget style, for the same shadow to apply to menus, tooltips, and combobox dropdown.
  I have such a change ready locally already. Just have not had time to submit updated review, and asked for comments.
  Please be patient. (or make this patch complete).
  Also, I have the feeling, testing the local patch i had in real life for a while, that the top side of the shadow at least, should be less strong than the other three sides.
  Comments welcome.

  @abetts: good direction is not enough. The decoration is very exposed to users. We do not want a half  backed product to go into production code ( = release), with many iterations changes, etc. This just has bad impact on the quality of the style.

  By lack of time I have had no time to implement the other suggestion done by ALake (who is also VDG + the original designer of the widget style and decoration), so that I agree that this (once complete) should be committed, with an option, when ready for commit (which is not the case now).

  Best,

  Hugo

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze