D9240: [RunnerManager] Use QThread::idealThreadCount() instead of going through Solid

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 7 14:53:59 UTC 2017

sitter added a comment.

  It seems to me the only reason we have custom code to set the max count is because of that `maxThreads` config entry. An entry for which I can't see any UI backing, so it's borderline usless to begin with. The qMin then destroys any remaining use that entry may have head as we basically discard whatever was configured anyway unless it somewhat conforms to the hardcoded notion of how many threads make sense. So, I can't force a given thread count anyway.

  I for one, would do away with the thread count twiddling and simply defer to whatever threadweaver says makes sense. Perhaps I am missing something though.

REPOSITORY
  R308 KRunner