D8444: Define default Action when we plug unknown monitor

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 6 13:30:56 UTC 2017

dvratil added a comment.

  @sebas suggested we approach it as an OSD that would appear on screen and allow the user to select an action they want to take. I think it's a good approach, even more flexible than an option in the KCM.  And IIRC it was also what we planned long time ago when I was working on KScreen, but never got around to implement it :-).

  Now the question is how should we approach it code-wise: should we write our own OSD in the KScreen KDED module, or should we extend the Plasmashell OSD code and expose it on the org.kde.osdService interface and only have KScreen interact with it via DBus? What would you guys prefer?

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen