D9216: export org.kde.appmenuview

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 5 21:55:28 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.
Restricted Application edited projects, added Plasma; removed KWin.

  > Imho the button should be there by default and shown if global menu is enabled in settings

  With that approach:

  - users have an icon in the previews they can't see on their titlebar, which is weird.
  - users of the applet still have to do two steps
  - we still have that complex 4 possible options of having a button and the setting being enabled.

  From a technical POV, I much prefer this. Especially on the Applet version of this patch.

  From a UI POV, there's nothing to stop the old KCM setting remaining and instead manipulating the kwin buttons / running a plasma script.
  IMHO it's not worth it, it's a far less intuitive place to look, but it's not something I'd object to either.

  -----

  As for this patch, code here is fine, but there's stuff that could then be removed.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin