D8798: Add xf86-input-libinput support for X11 mouse backend.

Xuetian Weng noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 4 22:22:54 UTC 2017

xuetianweng added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8798#175698, @subdiff wrote:

  > Sorry for the long delay on a review.
  >
  > Can you give a short overview on how the switching works between Xlib and libinput backend on X? So what's the runtime detection if libinput is available or not? Somebody above said mouse kcm is not available without libinput anymore with this patch. But this should not happen of course.
  >
  > Naming the config option Pointer Acceleration is problematic, because libinput names another property "pointer acceleration". I think we should not change the  name. Unneeded deviation from upstream. Maybe better add a tooltip with a description if people complain.
  >
  > In the touchpad kcm the backends for libinput and xlib are in different files (in the same backend/x11 subfolder). Is this possible here as well?

  The touchpad's libinput backend is only for wayland. And it also has some different code to support xf86-input-libinput under its x11 directory. As I said before they are different things.

  We haven't get to the point to support wayland in this kcm yet.

  If people has better idea about the naming we can change later.. right now, we seems to use pointer acceleration for "rate". The profile is more clear.

  Also if you check the Mouse navigation tab there's another "acceleration profile". I guess that's somewhat matching in the meaning.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  mouse