D6183: [Digital Clock] Allow copying current date and time to clipboard

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 31 15:33:20 UTC 2017

broulik added a comment.

  So, the question is what to do regarding the seconds :/ I couldn't figure out a way to cause a refresh of the data source. (A hack could be to disconnect and connect sources before showing the menu but urgh).

  In doubt we can just get rid of the seconds altogether... :/

INLINE COMMENTS

> DigitalClock.qml:74
>
> +    Binding {
> +        target: ClipboardMenu

I just figured since `ClipboardMenu` is a singleton-type, it's shared between all digital clock applets. You can have different timezones in each. So what we instead should do is:

  Connections {
      target: plasmoid
      onContextualActionsAboutToShow: {
          ClipboardMenu.currentDate = main.currentTime;
      }
  }

This way we always only update when the respective context menu is opened.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace