Experience from GRUB to LOGOUT Request

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 09:01:59 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 5:38 AM, Andy B <anditosan1000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I wanted to request if we can include the creation of some simple animations
> to the bootup process. Here are the 4 that I am looking to get implemented:
>
> Collapse/Unfold Users, https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/H7TdSzcOAEbtqXj

here is the technical limitation is that is not possible any
continuous animation between the login screen and the actual desktop:
they are different sessions (possibily even different graphics system)
so at most would be possible a fade to black after successful login
and fade from black when the session starts/splashscreen comes in (and
*must* be pure black as is the only color in which a flicker frame of
black won't be seen)
that's why at the moment grub has a pure black background, that's why
we do have a splashscreen and has a pure black backgrund as well.
to complete that, is still needed the fade to black after successful
login which will need some changes in the sddm architecture, but at
least in theory technically possible.

> Collapse/unfold Action Buttons,
> https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/GNiOUySOZq3WM9t

that should be easy

> Fade to Desktop (Already implemented apparently),
> https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/srWhKERNid3UXRc

is there, tough from splashscreen to desktop, which can't have the
same content as the login screen

--
Marco Martin