D7046: Use xcb-icccm to read the name property

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 7 16:09:22 UTC 2017

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> cfeck wrote in client.cpp:1428
> If Qt6 would introduce UTF-8 encoded QString (so that QString::fromUtf8() would no longer need to create a new array), then you can expect all Qt software to break. QString::fromUtf8() is used nearly everywhere.

Just to add a little bit of context here: we are discussing two memcopies here in a code path which performs a roundtrip to the X server. This thing is going to be slow and the memcopy does not matter at all.

Yes the code is not perfect, but it also doesn't matter. If someone feels like changing the code, feel free.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin