kwin_wayland xdgv6: crash on ping

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 15:02:20 UTC 2017

> So far we never send requests on the global, so it's possible that we
> don't track the unbinding of the resource correctly there.

We don't implement unbind. Almost every global in kwayland has the exact
same
::Private::unbind(wl_resource) { //TODO: implement}

we should probably implement it in global.cpp, like we do for resources.
but probably without the call to q->deleteLater() that resources have.

Setting it to null seems to hide my issue, though I wanted to fully
understand how an app could have it's globals unbound whilst still having
an active ShellClient.

I suggest to disable ping till that's sorted (as mentioned before I
> consider the ping interface pointless in modern threaded applications
> anyway).

Not needed. Will update the kwayland code.

David