D5471: Prefer `plasmashell --version` to get Plasma version

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 16 11:21:13 UTC 2017

fvogt added a comment.

  I don't know why openSUSE started replacing the upstream plasma5 session file with something that is basically an exact copy, I was not involved in the process.
  However, I also think that it is wrong and needs to be cleaned up.

  I can only think of a single valid reason to do this: Independence of the plasma version and the version of plasma-workspace.
  This does make sense for maintenance updates, as our maintenance team does not accept packages without bugfixes.
  So if there was a release of plasma without any changes to plasma-workspace, it would not get updated and the old version stays.

  It's definitely on my todo list to fix this, but as it's only a cosmetic issue (the files are identical except for the version number) it's fairly low priority.

REPOSITORY
  R102 KInfoCenter