[Wayland] plasma crashes and cannot attach gdb to kwin_wayland

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Apr 13 14:49:13 UTC 2017

Am 2017-04-13 16:08, schrieb Germano Massullo:
> Il 13/04/2017 13:12, David Edmundson ha scritto:
>> ​"echo 0 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope"  (or run GDB
>> as root)
>>
>> David
> As root in tty3 I attached GDB to kwin_wayland and as soon I got back
> the graphical session, the system got stuck and I could not neither
> return back to tty3, so I had to use Magic SysRq key to restart the
> system.
> The wiki says to try to use SSH, but it would be useless too since I am
> not able to use the graphical session if kwin_wayland is attached to
> GDB

Of course you need to continue once you attached gdb. I'm not sure what
you want to achieve but debugging the running display manager on the
same system - well it's even more impossible than debugging the running
window manager on X11. I'm working with nested kwin_wayland running in
gdb to do debugging.

Cheers
Martin