D5423: Guard against Applet not loading AppletInterface

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 13 09:49:15 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma, Frameworks.
Restricted Application added subscribers: Frameworks, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This can happen if an applet has invalid metadata, it doesn't have a
  script engine set (X-Plasma-API) so it won't load the DeclarativeAppletScripts
  Having invalid metadata could come from the applet, or from the fallback applet
  created in Containment::Private::createApplet.

  We guard against it in appletAdded but not in appletRemoved, which is
  inconsistent. We also apparently must have guards elsewhere otherwise
  we'd see the crash more.

  BUG: 377050

TEST PLAN
  Had corrupt applet, used to crash, now doesn't

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

BRANCH
  origin-master (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/scriptengines/qml/plasmoid/containmentinterface.cpp