Default touch screen edge gestures

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sat Apr 8 17:40:08 UTC 2017

Hi Martin,

I think this needs more in-depth investigation. We've had a couple of,
I'd say, knee jerk shortcuts pushed to master without much thought
about them (Alt+Space for KRunner, Meta+number for tasks).

>From my point of view, window switching, present windows and the
desktop grid are essentially the same thing. The best solution IMO
would be to combine them all, and the UI should not be the same for
all devices.

For example, on a medium screen, for devices that are handheld, window
switcher is perfect since the window list is reachable with the finger
the user swiped with.

For small screens, that is on the phones, the whole screens should be
coverable by 'the finger', so a whole screen could be used for the
switching (like present windows).

On larger devices that are not handhelds, but are still touch-enabled,
we could have a desktop grid, or some present windows + present
virtual desktops switcher.

Cheers,
Ivan