System Settings - Network -> Connectivity

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 22:55:10 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 10:01 PM, kainz.a <kainz.a at gmail.com> wrote:

> After some review of the existing System Setting overview page I come up
> that the subgroups for each main group should be at least near the same,
> therefore I'd like to update the Network section.
>
> The main problem of the network section is that you can't configure the
> network. The network (lan, wlan, ...) you can configure with the nm
> plasmoid.

Intersting question that raises, should you be able to?

kde5-nm-connection-editor is runnable standalone, it wouldn't be /too/ much
work to put that into a KCM.
It just needs everything in the toolbar and the "connection" entry in the
menu (7 things in total) into something KCM friendly.

>So I'd like to rename the Network main group to

>- connectivity

>   - KDE Connect can now be moved to connectivity
>   - Online Accounts too
>   - Blutooth no changes needed
>   - Webbrowser
>     (we have some kcm's from kio which are usefull when you use konqueror,
>     but as kio use them too, they were added to system settings. as they
> are
>     all affected web browsing a subgroup for this kcm's would be nice)
>     the following KCM's are in this group
>     - Identification
>     - Cache
>     - Cookies
>     - Web Shortcuts
>   - Network
>     (now all network kcm's were grouped in this last group)
>     - Windows Shares
>     - Proxy
>     - Connection preferences
>     - SSL Preferences
>
> here is how it should look like
> https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/d4i2OAjF1uzlWfB

As much as I don't like moving for the sake of moving, I think here you've
got a pretty solid argument.
+1 seems sensible.

David