Discover requires Qt 5.7?

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu Sep 22 12:42:04 UTC 2016

>>> This and other problems have been fixed lately, when I was pointed
>>> this could be a problem. The next beta will work with Qt 5.6.
>>
>> There's no more betas, only a final release next week, so verification before then would be good.
>
> I requested that change, tested it and it works ~okay - there are some
> UI / font rendering issues, but all of those problems are apparently
> caused by Qt itself, so nothing we can solve. Also, they don't make
> using Discover impossible or harder, it just doesn't look as nice.
>
> So, for me it's working with Debian's version of Qt 5.6.

One addition: If Kirigami is missing on the system, Discover will
build but simply crash on startup - so, we should make the application
handle this case better (= not crash) or simply depend on Kirigami at
build-time, so people don't forget to make it available.
Especially for distributors this is kind of important, so they get the
dependencies set correctly.

Cheers,
    Matthias