Discover requires Qt 5.7?

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu Sep 22 12:36:11 UTC 2016

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 01:02:45PM +0200, Aleix Pol wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at kde.org> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Discover 5.7.95 requires Qt 5.7 due to usage of qAsConst() [0], although
>> > CMakeLists.txt claims Qt 5.2 is required (which seems to be too low anyway).
>> >
>> > Can you please either replace qAsConst() with const_cast or bump the Qt
>> > dependency?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Dan
>> >
>> > [0] https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/mkyral/plasma-5.7.95/
>> > fedora-24-x86_64/00455948-plasma-discover/build.log.gz
>>
>> This and other problems have been fixed lately, when I was pointed
>> this could be a problem. The next beta will work with Qt 5.6.
>
> There's no more betas, only a final release next week, so verification before then would be good.

I requested that change, tested it and it works ~okay - there are some
UI / font rendering issues, but all of those problems are apparently
caused by Qt itself, so nothing we can solve. Also, they don't make
using Discover impossible or harder, it just doesn't look as nice.

So, for me it's working with Debian's version of Qt 5.6.

Cheers,
    Matthias