Plasma desktop/mobile initial setup

Jens jensreu at kolabnow.com
Fri Sep 16 16:44:42 UTC 2016

Well ok it's not a perfect example. Also having a chat with one of the GNOME designers about fedora s welcome thing on what they learned and thought about it since theirs is kinda nice and non intrusive as well as helping set up things like social accounts etc.

Not saying it's rubbish just that it has to be considered for what it brings to the table. Is the introduction too in depth we may consider it something that needs redesign. What does it give the user beyond helping him/her getting acquainted with the DE? Like things like "do you want to install an office suite?" Or help setting up email etc?

It's a big topic and it's also a risk of using it as an excuse instead of redesigning stuff that needs it