[Differential] [Request, 7 lines] D2785: Fix panel spacer

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 15 01:04:37 UTC 2016

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  An expanding spacer had it's minimum size set to the config.length
  Allowing the panel to go from config size to infinite.

  The problem is the panel length effectively defaults to the size the
  spacer starts at (it gets set when we drag it into the right place)
  meaning it starts off huge and can never shrink. This then leads to
  applets being pushed off the panel.

  We want it to be in expanding mode from 0 to config.length
  and non expanding to ideally be a fixed width - though still probably
  compress if it would otherwise mean the applets would overflow.

  Setting the preferred size does all that implicitly; and also sets the
  appropriate hint so you can have a spacer in a flexible width panel
  correctly.

  BUG: 352651

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/panelspacer/contents/ui/main.qml

EMAIL PREFERENCES