Plasma desktop/mobile initial setup

Jens jensreu at kolabnow.com
Wed Sep 14 13:08:46 UTC 2016

The issue with first-run wizards is that they tend to get in the way more than they help, and are often skipped past and difficult to get back.

One idea would be to have the "introduction" something that cm can be launched from the launcher or from system settings.

Beyond that there is also the old truism that if you need to explain to the user how to do common tasks then those tasks need redesign. I am more than intetested in this subject though and think that any work on it whether it's realized or not will be valuable. If nothing else to explore the pitfalls of design clearly and how we can improve them (to avoid an install wizard)