Plasma desktop/mobile initial setup

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 12:29:12 UTC 2016

Personally what I've dreamed of for half a decade is an interactive
first-use tutorial that takes you on a tour of the UI, similar to what
RTS video games - which have desktop-like UIs they need to teach
quickly in an engaging way that teaches by doing - have. I even
started toying around with it once by writing "render a highlight
deco around a rect on screen to make it stand out" kwin effect etc
but didn't get far.

I think our onboarding experience needs something like that, more
so than a config wizard.

Cheers,
Eike