Plasma 5.8 Errata

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Tue Sep 13 10:09:26 UTC 2016

On 13.09.2016 07:52, Martin Graesslin wrote:
> On Monday, September 12, 2016 12:55:22 PM CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> I've copied over the 5.7 Errata page for 5.8
>>
>> Do we still have issues with Intel GPUs?
>>
>> Are there still freezes with Qt 5.6?
>>
>> Are the bugs marked critical still critical?
> I looked through them and none of them is IMHO critical. The state was in all
> cases selected by users and as we know: just because a user things something
> is critical doesn't make it critical ;-)
>
>  From the list I would suggest to not look at it for the next release. It just
> doesn't make any sense as long as users can mark bugs as critical.
>
> Cheers
> Martin

That's why there is both criticality (set by the user) and priority (set by the
team).

For such a process to work well, it would make sense to triage all bugs, set the
priority field and then filter for e.g. VHI. Or the alternative would be to just
change the severity field if you disagree with the reporter.

Just ignoring the severity field, not using the priority field and then having
to go through the list and deciding for each bug again before each release
doesn't sound very efficient to me.