[Differential] [Commented On] D2033: Clear idle timeouts when session becomes inactive

oliverhenshaw (Oliver Henshaw) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 12 11:53:17 UTC 2016

oliverhenshaw added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2033#50969, @broulik wrote:

  > So, should we go with this patch then? Powerdevil is now a separate binary, so
  >
  >   IdleTime::instance()->removeAllIdleTimeouts();
  >
  > shouldn't cause side-effects on other modules and also should fix it for non-weird X setups like mine. ;)

  Yep, the removeAllIdleTimeouts now looks good.

  The bad news is that I've been running with an evolution of https://phabricator.kde.org/D2393 with no problem for a while and still got the suspend-after-user-switch happen today. Looking through logs it seems like this time kded (I'm still using a patched stable release) was getting blocked even before onActiveSessionChanged (so before the login1 dbus signal) so I would still have had the problem with this patch.

  I never got the the bottom of the blocking in X issue, best guess was either that the xserver was drawing by itself and blocking, or that kded was blocked since it's a DRI client. The powerdevil binary does drawing for the fadeout effect, right?

  How about checking (KIdleTime::instance()->idleTime() >= msec)  in Core::onKIdleTimeoutReached() before preceding with the idle action?

REPOSITORY
  rPOWERDEVIL Powerdevil

EMAIL PREFERENCES