[Differential] [Commented On] D2680: [Task Manager] Activate tasks by Meta + number shortcuts

colomar (Thomas Pfeiffer) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 8 14:51:39 UTC 2016

colomar added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2680#50099, @ivan wrote:

  > I meant more of a single shortcut 'Meta+PlasmaKey' which focusses on plasma and shows the overlays. No further shortcuts needed.
  >
  > And this would be possible to generalize later to access systray applets, etc.

  I would actually go one step further: Don't have a single "Plasma shortcut", but just use the existing feature that one can assign a shortcut to an applet, assigning a shortcut to the task manager in our default config(s) (and also one for the systray if we want to make it possible there as well) and when that is pressed, show an overlay with the assigned numers.

  Yes, it would mean that switching to a task would take one more key press, **but**

  - It would do away with all the conflicts with multiple task managers
  - It would not need any addition config UI
  - It would occupy only one shortcut per Plasmoid (so 1 to 2 as I see it now)

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES