[Differential] [Request, 171 lines] D3085: RFC: Use DBusMenu if available

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 17 13:25:04 UTC 2016

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
broulik set the repository for this revision to rPLASMAINTEGRATION Integration for Qt applications in Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is part one in a series to restore global menu support in Plasma.

  Since we inherit from QPlatformTheme we do not get the global menu support for free like Qt's own platform themes inheriting from QGenericUnixTheme would, hence the use of private headers.

TEST PLAN
  - platform integration cmake thing is from kwin
  - checkDBusGlobalMenuAvailable() et al are from Qt's upstream
  - requires Qt 5.7

  - in KXMLGui applications you still get a traditional menu bar in addition to the global menu, it seems it explicitly sets visible true on the menu bar - in VLC it hides its own menu bar.

  Upcoming patches will:

  - restore and cleanup kappmenu (the kded module that acts as a registrar for Qt apps, so they will actually start exporting their menus)

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAINTEGRATION Integration for Qt applications in Plasma

AFFECTED FILES
  CMakeLists.txt
  autotests/CMakeLists.txt
  cmake/modules/FindQt5PlatformSupport.cmake
  src/platformtheme/CMakeLists.txt
  src/platformtheme/kdeplatformtheme.cpp
  src/platformtheme/kdeplatformtheme.h

EMAIL PREFERENCES