[Differential] [Commented On] D2983: Support solid colour and image backgrounds with a configurable background colour in the SDDM theme

bgupta (Boudhayan Gupta) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 10 00:48:01 UTC 2016

bgupta added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2983#55400, @markuss wrote:

  > This patch modifies an existing file. Removing the original copyright is illegal! If you want your new code to be under a different license (which is fine), you need to rework the header to state: "Originally based on XY by XY under the following conditions XYZ" or something like that, although I personally think changing the license adds to much confusion for too little gain. With the original license intact, just a second copyright line is needed.

  That's just git-diff finding similarities between the older file and the newer one. I re-wote the whole thing (deleting the older one and writing a new one). Lines like the import statement and `FocusScope {` will be the same because there's no other way you can write this.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES