Minutes Monday Plasma Meeting

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:30:13 UTC 2016

Plasma Meeting minutes 28-11-2016

Present: kbroulik, Sho, bshah, notmart

kbroulik:
* Improved API compliance in our Unity Launcher adaptation, should work better
with 3rd party apps now
* Been at LinuxDay in Dornbirn, presented Plasma there, overwhelmingly
positive feedback, especially for the visual design and productivity features
we now have in place for Plasma. People also loved Kirigami
* And once again: Please add yourselves to the wiki for the sprint
https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Affenfels
* DEADLINE FOR REIMBURSEMENT IS WEDNESDAY 30 NOV 23:59!
 kbroulik: you had toooo old mobile IMG :P
* Pics: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ZNHyy-IMrPE/WDlxJeHm66I/AAAAAAAAJdw/FZfdDQM2oVIOvBIRwhc8fiBfbAAj3gJUgCL0B/w1057-h793-no/26.11.16%2B-%2B3 and https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Xd7TWquRj3E/WDlxJaODHYI/AAAAAAAAJds/ER6aFdpvVBQ9jeSFgBzdN7OYxhmJ4RACgCL0B/w1057-h793-no/26.11.16%2B-%2B1

Sho:
* [TM] Fixed new windows directly added to an existing group not having
minimization target geo exported to kwin
* [TM] Fixed "Move to Current Desktop" action moving to all desktops instead
* [Kicker] Fixed a crash due to attempting to KRun an invalidated KService
instance when a KSycoca change signal comes slow
* [Other] Yakuake hackings
* [Personal] On vacation Dec 1st-5th; still got a cold/flu, meeting from bed

bshah:
- I got Nexus 5X to get Plasma mobile running on it
- For start, current libhybris doesn't support Android M.
- There are two different forks which works with Android M on bullhead
- Got one of them running, test_hwcomposer works :
https://goo.gl/photos/EVm89sRA12RsMmjB8
- Now its time to get kwin working
- Will blog once kwin is functional and there is something easy to test

notmart:
* bug triaging
* fixed RTL issues in plasmoids all over the place
* Kirigami2:
** api change: in drawer and sheet opened->drawerOpen/sheetOpen, because
opened is a signal in QQC2 API
** Drop SplitDrawer: SplitDrawer wasn't used at all in applications and not
    mentioned/allowed in the HIG.
    unfortunately is not possible to implement with QQC2
    Drawers.
    If they will be really needed, it will be necessary for them to
    be rewritten without using Drawer at all
** more kirigami2 renames for coinstallability: still some overlap (qmake and
qmake stuff): how to do?
* Plasma QQC2 style:
** CheckBox
** CheckDelegate