[Differential] [Commented On] D3262: Get .desktop file name for launcher URL and activities string from KWindowInfo.

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 7 10:09:34 UTC 2016

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> hein wrote in xwindowtasksmodel.cpp:490-499
> But that seems sensible. The only time the app should set the prop to something that doesn't end with .desktop, it would be a "system menu id" related to a .desktop file that KService can locate. If KService can't find anything, I expect (and check for) the prop value to be an absolute path to a .desktop file outside of system location and include the extension. If that's not the case, something is fishy - the app is likely not well-behaved and it seems smarter to use the general heuristic than trying to fix up a broken path value.
>
> Also quoting KWS:
>
> "If the application's desktop file name is not at a standard location it should be the full path to the desktop file name (e.g. "/opt/kde/share/org.kde.foo.desktop")."
>
> What value do you see in being lenient and fixing up a broken absolute path?

In KWin we had needed to add the .desktop - this is just passing on experience. Do with this experience what you want. For my part I don't trust our application developers to pass in a correct ID. This is a very easy way to fix it from our side.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES