[Differential] [Updated] D3262: Get .desktop file name for launcher URL and activities string from KWindowInfo.

hein (Eike Hein) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 7 09:15:13 UTC 2016

hein marked an inline comment as done.
hein added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> graesslin wrote in xwindowtasksmodel.cpp:490-499
> exactly. So if you get a name which does not have the .desktop file extension it won't be used.

But that seems sensible. The only time the app should set the prop to something that doesn't end with .desktop, it would be a "system menu id" related to a .desktop file that KService can locate. If KService can't find anything, I expect (and check for) the prop value to be an absolute path to a .desktop file outside of system location and include the extension. If that's not the case, something is fishy - the app is likely not well-behaved and it seems smarter to use the general heuristic than trying to fix up a broken path value.

Also quoting KWS:

"If the application's desktop file name is not at a standard location it should be the full path to the desktop file name (e.g. "/opt/kde/share/org.kde.foo.desktop")."

What value do you see in being lenient and fixing up a broken absolute path?

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES