[Differential] [Request, 15 lines] D3288: Add graphics reset to the OpenGL compositing safety checks

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 7 07:58:42 UTC 2016

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: KWin, Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  If a graphics reset happens during compositing startup it is possible
  that the next try to start compositing will run into the same graphics
  reset. In that case KWin would be in an endless restart compositor loop.

  This change makes use of the frames to test for safety. If a graphics
  reset happens while there are still frames to test we consider the
  OpenGL context broken and don't re-enable compositing.

  It is not clear whether the number of frames to test is sufficient. In
  the bug report we have for the problem, it seems to be during effect
  the three frames to test by default are not sufficient.

  In master we should also show a notification why compositing got
  disabled.

  CCBUG: 372145

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin