[Differential] [Commented On] D3210: make scrollbar size configurable

mart (Marco Martin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 3 12:08:27 UTC 2016

mart added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3210#60230, @hpereiradacosta wrote:

  > So, just to make sure I understand:
  >
  > - 1 option to "only show full scrollbar on mouse over" (as we have now)
  > - 1 option to "use slim scrollbar" (with reduced width handle) Is that what you have in mind ? or do you suggest to group the two ? (in which case I'm pretty sure some users will want one and not the other, namely slim scrollbar with groove always visible, no groove but large handle, etc.)

  personally, (and would be good if thomas, jens or alex from the cdg weigh on that) I would have the default as:

  - small scrollbar
  - show on mouseover enabled
  - no arrow buttons

  tough i feel there may be the need for configuration options, even tough i usually really dislike them, for the code complexity reason you rightly mentioned

  > Thanks for the feedback,
  >
  > Hugo
  >
  > One last comment about options: every time one adds one, one make the code maintenance more complicated, with more combinations to test each time a change to the code is made. Just saying :)

  yep, i fully agree with that.
  unfortunately over the years  i seen the storm that can happen every time one changes anything visual (seems that changing the size of something is even more delicate as shown by a recent storm over systray icons size) so yeah, I'm just a bit afraid to :) (could fall into the category of the "omg they are pushing a mobile ui on me" kind of hater)

  we could even try to make this not configurable for 5.9 and see what the feedback is and eventually get the options back later..

REPOSITORY
  rBREEZE Breeze

EMAIL PREFERENCES