[Differential] [Commented On] D3210: make scrollbar size configurable

hpereiradacosta (Hugo Pereira Da Costa) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 3 09:04:40 UTC 2016

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3210#60184, @colomar wrote:

  > It does make sense to me to give the option to turn the slim scroll bar as such on and off. I can imagine some people being uncomfortable with the animation on mouseover.
  >  Being able to configure individual parameters is probably overkill, however.

  So, just to make sure I understand:

  - 1 option to "only show full scrollbar on mouse over" (as we have now)
  - 1 option to "use slim scrollbar" (with reduced width handle)

  Is that what you have in mind ? or do you suggest to group the two ?
  (in which case I'm pretty sure some users will want one and not the other, namely slim scrollbar with groove always visible, no groove but large handle, etc.)

  Also,

  - what about keeping the hit area unchanged (20 pixels), and consistent with the rest of breeze, this whether the scrollbar is slim or not ?
  - and what about an even larger toolbar (as in the current patch) ? (which I think is not necessary, and inconsistent with the rest of breeze).

  Note that if we don't add a larger scrollbar, then the current combobox can be turned into a simple checkbox (which I would find preferable too).

  Thanks for the feedback,

  Hugo

  One last comment about options: every time one adds one, one make the code maintenance more complicated, with more combinations to test each time a change to the code is made. Just saying :)

REPOSITORY
  rBREEZE Breeze

EMAIL PREFERENCES