DrKonqi and BKO

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 14:29:21 UTC 2016

David Edmundson wrote:

> As attachments is awful. You cannot search if it's in an attachment.
> Searching is ridiculously important.

True. FWIW, the bug I tried to report this morning (which led to this mail) came
up with 0 possibly related reports, while it turned out I'd already reported
almost exactly the same crash 2 months ago.
Which reminds me of something side-ways related: I haven't been able to actually
attach my own information to a selected report from the list. The dialog with
the details of a selected ticket just remains open, and the information never
gets communicated to the main procedure.

> Though, you have raised an important issue, lets see if we can fix this
> limit first.

IMHO the best fix would be on BKO itself because you wouldn't want to oblige the
uninformed user to start pruning a backtrace. If that fails, the logical thing
to do would be to make the limit configurable in a settings file and provide a
counter in the report editor.

Since I think of it: I have a patch introducing basic support for getting the
backtrace through lldb instead of gdb, a requirement for using DrKonqi on Mac.
I can submit it for review (and throw in the other odd fix); ReviewBoard of
Phabricator?

R.