page-title frame drawing

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 30 21:56:26 UTC 2016

Hi,

Splitting this off from the "plasma-desktop on other environments" thread.

What can you tell me about the "draw frame around page titles" option, more
precisely when this frame is drawn?

I'm seeing this kind of frame when I use the native OS X widget style, but as
far as I know it doesn't correspond to anything in Apple's HIG and I don't know
of anything comparable in native apps on OS X <= 10.9 . Not that they don't look
good or even wrong (to my eyes). I just note they appear (and cannot be
deactivated) with the Macintosh, (legacy) Windows and Fusion styles, they're
optional with Breeze, and they're not supported by Oxygen and QtCurve.
I think that what tickles me most is that the feature can only be on with the
native Mac theme (and the other Qt themes) while it appears to be purely a Qt
feature.

R.