[Differential] [Commented On] D1638: Integrate QtVirtualKeyboard into KWin/Wayland

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 30 05:58:29 UTC 2016

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> xuetianweng wrote in main_wayland.cpp:449
> Don't do this. Otherwise qtvirtualkeyboard will be the only usable input method for Qt.
>
> IMHO for wayland there should be  a wayland specific im module that talk to input method via wl_text.
>
> And X11 app should use a different QT_IM_MODULE.
>
> FYI: https://fcitx-im.org/wiki/Input_method_related_environment_variables

> Don't do this. Otherwise qtvirtualkeyboard will be the only usable input method for Qt.

That's totally fine in this case. It only affects KWin and KWin doesn't have any text input fields.

> IMHO for wayland there should be a wayland specific im module that talk to input method via wl_text.

QtWayland uses wl_text by default if QT_IM_MODULE is not specified. I think that's exactly what you want.

> And X11 app should use a different QT_IM_MODULE.

Look at the file name, it's main_wayland.cpp ;-) Doesn't affect X11 at all.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

BRANCH
  virtual-keyboard