plasma-desktop on other environments (bis)

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sat May 28 03:15:35 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 4:54 PM, David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk
> wrote:

> >And then there is the "Plasma Workspace" source, which also contains
> events that IMHO are not specific to Plasma at all but simply correspond to
> notifications posted through certain KF5 frameworks. In  fact, the only
> notifications that appear Plasma-specific (out of 20) are:
>
> 0 of them respond to notifications posted directly through certain KF5
> frameworks.
>
> The message box events are handled by Plasma QPT.

That's not entirely correct - KMessageBox sounds (through KNotification)
are handled by frameworkintegration still and some events are in fact
used by other frameworks directly, that's namely Trash, Textcompletion*
and beep (indirectly through KNotification::beep()).

That said, I believe that on OS X it should use OS X sounds instead of
these outdated sounds we still use. In other words, ship custom .notifyrc
for message box events on OS X. It really really really really *really*
shouldn't
use the Oxygen sounds by default.

Cheers
--