Minutes Monday Plasma Meeting

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon May 23 11:12:24 UTC 2016

Minutes Plasma 'hangout', 23-5-2016, 12:00 CET

Present: mgraesslin, bshah, notmart, Sho, kbroulik, jensreuterberg, Riddell
(nothing to report), sebas

mgraesslin:

* support for touch events on window decoration
* support for forcing DPI in KWin/Wayland by honoring QtWayland env variable
* fixed regression in decorations which didn't allow to interact at topmost
pixel
* improved stability of PlasmaWindow interface as used by e.g. taskmanager
* fixed crash in Aurorae and option borderless maximized windows
* investigated how to get touchpad kcm work on Wayland
* more work on text-input interface in KWayland, see https://
phabricator.kde.org/D1631
* virtual keyboard doesn't send cursor position which is cause for text
explosion, only workaround is disabling surrounding text, see https://
bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-53517
* virtual keyboard in KWin up for review at https://phabricator.kde.org/D1638
* fixed a bunch of pretty serious crashers when a Wayland client disconnects
unveiled by "interesting" behavior of QtQuick on teardown in Aurorae
* added a mocked autotest for KWin::LibInput::Device
* still facing huge instability problems of KWin/Wayland without getting the
backtrace. But CI caught issues (yay) and in the process of fixing them

bshah:
* plasma mobile: worked on wifi in container -- works now
* plasmashell autostart needs selinux policy -- working on it
* working on flashing tool (to replace ubuntu-device-flash)
* getting really close feature parity with ubuntu-based image

notmart:
week before:
* pushed "white icon on selected, blue backgrounds" such as menu items,
focused buttons and similar looking things *
* https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/127876/
    ** https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/127875/
    ** https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/127878/
    ** https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/127877/
    ** https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/127888/
    ** still needed: same thing for Plasma and QML-based apps
    ** first thing on harmonizing plasma part done -> now Plasma::Svg uses
SAX as well for stylesheet replacement, that should be slightly more efficient
* usual little bug triage sessions
* Kirigami: "system" theme can now be installed
    ** OverlayDrawer can look more like a dialog: it can have side borders
(reusable by kube and other desktop based applications)
    ** fixed some bugs in the Okular QML component, should make the experience
in Peruse a bit better
    ** (today) started runtime selection of styles, to change between desktop,
plasma mobile and android with QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_STYLE env var, compatible
with QQc1 and QQC2
last week:

* Plasma::Svg uses SAX now to replace stylesheets
* blog about stylesheet icons recoloring: http://notmart.org/blog/2016/05/
icon-colors/
* QIconItem supports selected state as well
* work in progress: selected state for any Plasma::Svg https://
git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/127975/
* Kirigami: started a branch for the runtime selection based on
QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_STYLE env var
    ** reworked ApplicationHeader
    ** started a branch for using the side drawers as "fixed" sidebars on
desktop, to make as easy as possible to make desktop applications using
kirigami
    ** pushed a change in Qt to make it possible with QQc2 as well
    ** published the gallery on the play store: https://play.google.com/store/
apps/details?id=org.kde.kirigamigallery

Sho:
- Still hacking away on libtaskmanager-ng's task grouping support
-- Hit major wall when I realized a KItemModels class I was using doesn't
actually do what I need it to do ...
-- Brainstomed with dfaure (dragged him onto IRC!) about it, without very
promising results ...
-- Ended up refactoring a lot of code over the weekend to implement a
different approach (which I actually like better)
-- Aiming to get grouping done this week (huge diff)
- Various other little things and bugfixes in libtm-ng and the applet along
the way
- Remaining feature todo after grouping: Merge Netrunner EITM behavior as
option, make window thumbs and present-windows work again
- will be switched in master still in May (after grouping is in)

kbroulik:
* Together with David I fixed a ton of KAuthorized bugs in Plasma and KXmlGui
* making sure toolbars really cannot be hidden (Qt adds its own context menu
in places which knows nothing about KAuthorized)
* Kickoff becomes read-only when system immutable (cannot add/remove/rearrange
favorites etc)
* hide kcm options from applet config menus that are restricted (added
invokable on KCMShell import to check for that)
* many more

jensreuterberg:
* test days meeting, do we have manpower for it?

sebas:
* was on holiday: seacaves are the new black
* can we use new taskmanager as default to test (Eike will do  that)
* let's depend on Qt 5.6.1 (email to plasma-devel sent)
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org