plasma review

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:05:36 UTC 2016

thanks for the feedback kai

> > 2. give the user more posibilities for the right click some don't need
> leave but need shutdown
>
> You can already configure what happens when you click on Leave in system
> settings startup and shutdown, ie shutdown without confirmation or whatever.

ah  that's nice yes you can define what happens when clicon on leave in the
shutdown kcm. didn't know it. thanks work for me.

> > 7. the layout section should be nr. 1 than wallpaper, mouse actions
>
> I change my wallpaper way more often than the desktop layout.

that's true to I thought because the layout features should be nr. 1 cause
the users didn't know that the layout can be configure but wallpaper was
clear.

> > 8. layout can have layout: desktop, show the desktop toolbox, press and
> hold wigets AND Show Information tooltip (which is in a kcm now)
>
> The options for toolbox and what not are added by the containment, not
> plasma but I agree that the current settings categorization there is a bit
> awkward.

The description of the tweaks section is:
>> Teaks are experimental options that my become defaults depending on your
feedback. <<
all options are active by default

> > desktop grid larger
>
> I find it too large already...

maybe it's a hidpi thing? cause on my screen (low dpi) I didn't notice that
there is a ancor grid. kven told be there is a grid already.

cu
Andreas