status of kde/plasma kiosk framework in kf5

Thomas Weissel valueerror at gmail.com
Thu May 12 12:44:07 UTC 2016

thank you david for your answer and thx to thomas for inviting me to this
mailinglist and also for linking to plasma-devel :-)

so instead of /etc/kde4/kdeglobals my "action restrictions" go to
/etc/kde5rc from now on !?

>> If you're disabling the right click to block unlocking widgets

i disabled the rightclick action to prevent the context menu from showing..
so starting krunner, locking, leaving and so on is not possible by using
this menu..
same reason i disabled all title bar actions in kwin and all
keyboardshortcuts..  i don't want anyone to accidentally do something
unintended..

those are my action restrictions....

[KDE Action Restrictions][$i]
movable_toolbars=false
run_command=false
action/run_command=false
action/lock_screen=false
action/movable_toolbars=false
action/logout=false
action/kwin_rmb=false
action/options_configure_keybinding=false
action/fullscreen=false
plasma-desktop/add_activities=false
plasma/containment_actions=false
plasma/containment_context_menu=false
plasma/allow_configure_when_locked=false
plasma/plasma-desktop/unlockedDesktop=false

i will test those today and get back here with my results....

i want to keep the teachers from accidentially hiding toolbars in kde apps,
removing or reconfiguring widgets (plasma) and editing the "start"menu

this is a screenshot of my current (workinprogress) "teacher-configuration"
i want to lock down completely..

​

cheers,
thomas