status of kde/plasma kiosk framework in kf5

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu May 12 12:57:31 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Thomas Weissel <valueerror at gmail.com>
wrote:

> thank you david for your answer and thx to thomas for inviting me to this
> mailinglist and also for linking to plasma-devel :-)
>
> so instead of /etc/kde4/kdeglobals my "action restrictions" go to
> /etc/kde5rc from now on !?
>
> Yes.

> >> If you're disabling the right click to block unlocking widgets
>
> i disabled the rightclick action to prevent the context menu from
> showing.. so starting krunner, locking, leaving and so on is not possible
> by using this menu..
> same reason i disabled all title bar actions in kwin and all
> keyboardshortcuts..  i don't want anyone to accidentally do something
> unintended..

OK, I think that might have got lost in the port.
containment_context_menu doesn't seem to exist anymore. However, with
run_command and logout disabled this menu will be near empty anyway.
I'll take a look.

> those are my action restrictions....
>
> [KDE Action Restrictions][$i]
> movable_toolbars=false
> run_command=false
> action/run_command=false
> action/lock_screen=false
> action/movable_toolbars=false
> action/logout=false
> action/kwin_rmb=false
> action/options_configure_keybinding=false
> action/fullscreen=false
> plasma-desktop/add_activities=false
> plasma/containment_actions=false
> plasma/containment_context_menu=false
> plasma/allow_configure_when_locked=false
> plasma/plasma-desktop/unlockedDesktop=false

That last one should be
plasma/plasmashell/unlockedDesktop=false

It seems it got renamed.
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk>

David