Unable to start Plasma 5 on CentOS 7

rafranco.2014 at yahoo.it rafranco.2014 at yahoo.it
Mon May 9 16:27:42 UTC 2016

Hi guys,I' m new to this mailing list and to the KDE community. I' m a newby in KDE development but I have a not so bad knowledge of Linux and I' d like to contribute anyway to the KDE development.
To get start I begun building KF5 on a CentOS7 machine following instructions at
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source

With some hints from the kde-devel mailing list' s guys and after several manual software installations and upgrades I finally finished building the whole framework, but I'm not able to start Plasma 5.To do it I'm following instructions at
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/Test_plasma

but I have following problems:
1) Creating files as stating in the "Configure dbus paragraph" break my system: on restarting it hangs on loading screen and I never get to the login screen.
2) Skipping instructions about configuring dbus and trying to start Plasma as reported in paragraph "From the command line" I get to the loading screen of Plasma but after that system hangs on a dark screen.
3) Same problem with the fisrt approach stated in paragraph "Using a login manager": system hangs after the Plasma 5 loading screen.

I' ve already submitted the question to the  kde-devel but still no aswers.

May be a dbus configuration problem? Any one can point me to a solution or to some documentation to fix or debug it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Raffaele.