Questions on Plasma i18n strings

David Rosca nowrep at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:48:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Alexander Potashev
<aspotashev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't understand the meaning of a couple of messages in Plasma, and
> have a few other requests:
>

>  2. In bluedevil, "Add user account" should be changed to "Add device"
> in kcmodule/devices/devices.ui. Same problem with "Remove user
> account".

Fixed, thanks.

>  3. In bluedevil, msg "Imaging" at
> kcmodule/devices/devicedetails.cpp:244 is not clear. Is it a
> scanner/photo camera/etc? Can it be a web/video camera?

Yes, it is a Bluetooth device class: Imaging (printer, scanner,
camera, display, ...)

>  4. In bluedevil/kcmodule/devices/devicedetails.cpp:274, "%1 %2 (%3)"
> is a word puzzle. Please add i18n() to allow locale-dependent syntax.

Fixed.

>  5. It's not clear to me where the messages from
> bluedevil_xml_mimetypes.po
> (bluedevil-mime.xml.podir/bluedevil-mime.xml.in.h) will be visible in
> the UI.

This is name for mimetype. It will be displayed eg. in Dolphin when
you navigate to bluetooth:/, click on a device, select the send file
service and show properties.

>  23.
> kcmkeyboard.po-495-#: layouts_menu.cpp:135
> kcmkeyboard.po-496-msgid "Configure..."
>
> Please change to "Configure Layouts...", otherwise it's not clear what
> you are about to configure - the layouts widget or the layouts
> themselves.

It's displayed in layouts menu (in systray). There is nothing else
than layouts in this menu, so it should be clear. I'm not sure what
widget are you referring to.

> --
> Alexander Potashev

David