Customizing KDE

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki marmarek at invisiblethingslab.com
Wed Jun 29 13:19:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'd like to setup some defaults for all users (at package level),
including some customizations:

1. Setup default theme
2. Setup default wallpaper
3. Set custom menu icon (application launcher?)
4. Set default menu style to "Application Menu"
5. Remove section "Places" from "Computer" tab, or even remove
"Computer" tab completely in Application Launcher
6. Remove "New Session" feature (from all the places: menu, screen
locker, etc)
7. Place some applications as "Favorites" by default
8. Remove "device notifier" and some other applets

Any idea how to do (any of) that? Preferably without patching existing
programs (but if no other option - this will also do).

I've tried using scripts:
https://userbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/PlasmaTwoDesktopScripting
but failed. For example I see no way to remove
entries/applets/plasmoids. Also debugging is quite painful, because I
have no idea where to looks for logs (like what entry was loaded, what
was ignored at all etc), I can only guess looking at the result. And
frequently wondering why my script wasn't launched at all...

It's all about KDE5.

Thanks in advance.

PS I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc me on response.

PPS Initially post to kde at mail.kde.org, but haven't got any response
there.

--
Best Regards,