[Differential] [Request, 186 lines] D2044: WIP: [KSMServer] Load logout dialog after startup rather than on-demand

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 29 15:16:35 UTC 2016

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, sitter.
broulik set the repository for this revision to rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This ensures the logout dialog is kept in memory and continues to work even after a Qt or other library update.

  BUG: 364897

TEST PLAN
  Mostly works. I logged in and then screwed up my logout dialog QML file and still got a shutdown dialog.

  We need to adjust the logout dialog QML though so it stops the timer when not visible (my root.visible approach didn't work) and resets the timeout. Also it doesn't seem to properly update the selected shutdown type, ie. if I select Logout and then select Shutdown it doesn't notice. Ideally, we'll just do that when we're re-designing the logout dialog anyway.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  ksmserver/shutdown.cpp
  ksmserver/shutdowndlg.cpp
  ksmserver/shutdowndlg.h
  ksmserver/startup.cpp
  ksmserver/tests/test.cpp
  lookandfeel/contents/components/LogoutScreen.qml

EMAIL PREFERENCES